It will last the whole week. I bring it every day and switch out salad and breads to keep it interesting.
(White soups never look too good in pics but I promise this is delish!)
Here's a tasty Potato Soup recipe from my friend Sue:
* 4 cups diced (unpeeled) Yukon Gold potatoes (Any will do but these will retain shape.)
* 1 stick of butter
* 2 cups finely diced onions. (yellow onions are preferred. Sweeter.)
* 1/2 cup flour
* 1 box of chicken broth (I use sodium free since spices added later make up for taste)
* 1 and 1/2 cup potato flakes
* 2 cups heavy cream
* 2 cups milk
* 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (I don't like spicy but this is perfect)
* Salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried basil to taste. (I add a lot of basil and garlic)
1. Cover potatoes with water and boil then reduce to simmer for twenty minutes.
2. Saute onions in butter for ten minutes. Add flour and mix well until absorbed.
3. In different pot, heat broth. Add potato flakes and seasonings. Stir well. Add this to onion mixture.
4. Add milk and cream and stir until smooth. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add potatoes. EAT and ENJOY!
Click here for another great soup recipe.
Hope you had a great break. I worked on a few products and finally posted them:
Again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!