Thursday, January 29, 2015

My Go-To for Helping Students With Reversals

I've tried so many things in the past and it was always hit or miss with the kids until...


Yep...a simple letter written is washable marker on the hand seems to do the trick.  I've found that I only need to write the letter for about a week before the students are able to write the letter correctly on their own. 

Now when it comes to a student with multiple reversals?  (Which they usually have!) One letter at a time.  I don't move on until they conquer one at a time.  If the letter is in the child's name, I'll make that letter the starting point. 

Why does it work?  I honestly think because it's a constant reminder ATTACHED to them and at very close range.  Really! 

If you haven't tried it, give it a shot and let me know if it helped.

On another note, hope you don't mind if I show off John's latest artwork. I so wish I could draw!  Have a good night!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dragonflies-and-Daisies-Clip-Art-by-Dandy-Doodles-1671799
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Piggy-Banks-and-Money-Clip-Art-by-Dandy-Doodles-1677159
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I still have a couple of children making reversals. I am so trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Lisa! I've used bracelets with the letter/number on them, but for some kids they became just one more thing to fiddle with. I like this much better!
    Linda
    Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!